It is hard to make out, but Polly is listed as 68 years of age, but the left half of that number eight is very faint.
What information can we find, and what added homework comes from this obituary:
- Polly's son-in-law: George Baker of Pottawatomie township, KS; look for any George Baker families on the 1880 census for Pottawatomie twp, KS.
- Wife of J.C Beal of Ohio township, KS; look for the J.C. and Polly Beal family on the 1880 census for Ohio twp, KS.
- Leaves a son and daughter; check if JC and Polly were on any earlier censuses for Ohio twp to find any children listed, compare to see if daughter's name in KS marriage records attached to a George Baker, and if same daughter listed on any of the Fed and KS censuses during this time period, and check if son listed on own land, nearby, in later censuses.
- J.C. Beal is an uncle of Prof. J.B. Steere of Ann Arbor, MI. Track down J.B.Steere in the Ann Arbor censuses. Look for any other mention of J.C. Beal or J.B. Steere in the Ann Arbor Courier, check for other family associations noted.
- "Died", Ann Arbor Courier, Ann Arbor, Michigan. March 18, 1881, Vol. XX, No. 11, page 3, column 5.
Copyright 2013 Denise G Baker, All Rights Reserved